Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don't call me crazy..

when I tell you that I'm training for a half marathon! What WILL be crazy is if I actually go through with it. I have a really bad habit of not finishing what I start. From finishing books, to crafts, to career paths I have created something I loath about myself. I even trained for a marathon 3 years ago but never made it to race day. So naturally I was going to tell NO ONE that I was planning to race because there is a high chance of me not finishing. Then, I found a running website that said tell people you know because fear is the best form of motivation. ha ha I don't know if that works in all cases but it sounds like good advice. So here I am revealing my plan to conquer my own weakness.

The run is October 9th and it includes running up A mountain! Wha?? There is a serious chance I could die. OK maybe not... but I have to force myself not to have evil mental pictures of me puking, or spraining an ankle, or having a mental breakdown. It has been a huge mental and physical challenge so far. I think the biggest thing I am learning is mind over matter. It is impossible to have negative thoughts or your body will quit. (negative thoughts are something I'm good at so Ive been training my mind too) I felt so accomplished today when I ran 8 miles I was literally smiling the whole last mile people probably thought I was crazy.

Something else that makes me smile..
I had to blow up this picture so you could see those little teeth pokin through!

3 comments:

  1. You are a SUPERSTAR!! I know you can do it!! I have always wanted to run in a half marathon but I have not accomplished that...haha! Did you find something that tells you how to train for one.... like how far to run each day?!?! That is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shelly!! and yes I am following a schedule! There are many out there to choose from and some didn't really work for me. I think I found a really good one at marathonrookie.com. If I can do it, I am certain that YOU can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so proud of you jessica!!! i think it's great that you're training to do this, and i know you can do it- i will totally be a cheerleader for you! i know what you mean about starting stuff and not finishing, i'm the same way. it's a miracle that i started wedding plans and got married, haha, there were many times i tried to quit. just think of what a great example it will be to mia- her mommy running a marathon!
    anyway, i love ya girlie and wish you the best- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete